THE CAGED WARRIOR


One day my brother came up to me and was saying that he was heading to play. Suddenly when I asked him that if I could accompany him the moment frozed!!! Why not ?? Am I not supposed to kick that ball??? Will it not move when I kick it ?? Won't it be considered as a goal when I kick it?? STOP even I can bare the scratches, I can roar up back no matter how many times I fall. I bleed 3 days in a month, I don't die out of it. But the way I'm treated for being a player shatters me down and makes my heart bleed.

I don't want to be celebrated, I just want some respect. Respect so that I can explore more, Respect so that I can achieve my dreams, Respect so that I can be considered as a normal human being. 

My life here is not a BATTLE but, it's a WAR in I am a being THE CAGED WARRIOR. It's a dream of many here to step out and play, but only few does because afterall the society points out and says glibly that being a woman you are not supposed to do like that.

I'm always been addressed as  "A WOMAN FOOTBALL PLAYER" but I'm a " I'M A FOOTBALL PLAYER AND NOT A SO CALLED WOMAN FOOTBALL PLAYER". Don't preach this to anyone you, yourself be the change because IF NOT NOW THEN WHEN??


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Helping Hands

The Talking Feet